Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Anniversary Party - Part 1





Hello again! I am back home from a weekend in San Antonio celebrating my grandparents 50th anniversary. I could not have asked for more, everything turned out perfect! The picture on the left above is grandmother on her wedding day, I did not take a single picture during the event because we had a photographer, my mom's cousins wife running arround doing that. She did a GREAT job, I got to see the pictures this morning and they came out amazing. We should have them in a couple days and I will post highlights.


I want to share some of the party with you all so I thought I would start with the invitations! So I guess this calls for a little background. I manage a local stationery store where about half of our business is custom stationery for events (mostly weddings) that I design. So naturally I did all the paper for this party. Here is the final product of the invitaiton. We used the gold obviously for the golden anniversary and the tiffany blue because this was my grandparents wedding color when they got married in 1958! I was really happy with the way the invitations came out and we even have it displayed in the store, I also did a coordinating save the date with the same papers, but for some reason can't find it right now to take a picture. Obviously that is a must find so I will add a pic when I locate it!


Here is my mom during set up just when we got back with the flowers. Of course she is on the phone, I am sure directing someone as to what they need to be doing :)




Part 2 to come as soon as I recieve some more pictures!







No comments: